Here our cooperation doesn´t end … every day we are at your service providing information about Pakoštane and surrounding area. Together we can create your vacation in our beautiful surroundings and advise you about excursions and interesting things that our agency offers.
In addition to the standard excursions offer to nearby national parks (Kornati islands, Krka waterfalls, Plitvice lakes and mountain Paklenica) and nature parks (Vrana lake, bay Telašćica), we offer you the opportunity to experience a destination in unique way by booking individual excursions with professional and experienced tour guides.
However, if you decide to explore by yourself the nature, historical and cultural sights, you can quickly and with low costs rent a car, bike or boat.
Tourist Agency Aquarius Pakoštane, Kraljice Jelene 2, 23 211 Pakoštane OIB: 22938983589 (hereinafter referred to as: agency) is engaged in intermediation and reservations in behalf of service providers and for his account accordance with information published on the website www.aquarius-pakostane.com, valid from the day of confirmation of reservation, and according to details and period of the confirmed reservation of travel contractor (hereinafter referred to as: customer) except in special circumstances such as illness or death of the host or his immediate family, circumstances which cannot be predicted or eliminated (natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, sanitary disruptions, fires, droughts, wars, strikes, acts of terrorism and restrictions issued by the state-type mobilization, the prohibition of leaving the country).
By contracting of reservation, advanced payment of agreed percentage or the total amount a customer confirms that he agrees with the General Terms and Conditions and that it will be fully followed. All that is specified in the General Terms and Conditions becomes legally binding for the customer and agency. These General Terms and Conditions are basis for resolving any disputes between the customer and agency, and therefore it is suggested, before any advance payment to carefully read them.
2. INQUIRES, RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
Inquires for accommodation can be done electronically by mail, fax or in person at the office of the agency. After the receipt of the inquiry, the agency will check the availability of the required service and confirm the required service to the client, or offer alternative possibilities. If customer is satisfied with the offer, it is necessary to send a final confirmation. Customer is obliged to give all required information for the reservation. After receiving final confirmation from the customer, the agency sends to customer an invoice for advance payment with all necessary information for making payments to the agency bank account. Once payment has been received on the account, the agency sends confirmation to customer. To make a reservation, it is required to pay in advance amount which is equal to 30% of the total amount within 72 hours from receiving the invoice, while the balance is paid within 7 days before arrival or upon arrival at the destination in agency (presenting confirmation of payment in advance).
Customers can pay the entire amount immediately upon receiving of invoice.
Payment can be made in several ways:
1. cash payment at the agency’s office Aquarius Pakoštane, Kraljice Jelene 2, 23 211 Pakoštane
2. payment to the agency’s bank account
3. payment via bank transfer to the agency’s foreign currency account
This method of payment applies only to a foreign customers. Booking amount have to be transferred to the agency’s bank account. Bank charges of the sender’s bank and recipient’s bank shall be completely paid by customer.
All data required for payment to agency’s bank accounts shall be submitted to the customer on invoice for the advance payment.
3. PRICES OF ACCOMMODATION
Price of accommodation includes basic service, as described in the price list for the booked accommodation unit. Prices are indicated for each accommodation unit and include: daily rental, bed linens, fully equipped kitchen (unless you rent a room without a kitchen) with dishes and utensils, water, electricity, gas, and final cleaning. The guest is obliged to clean apartment before departure, regardless of the final cleaning by the proprietor. Final cleaning includes washing and stacking dishes, garbage removal and sweeping of all rooms so that the accommodation unit is returned to the proprietor neat and tidy.
Special services are not included in the price of accommodation (in the description of accommodation or price list they are marked “on request” or additional services agreed in advance, but with extra cost – for example, fees for pets) and customer is obligated to pay them extra or with a booking payment or on-site, as it is indicated in offer. Additional or special services should be requested at the time of booking. Accommodation prices are stated in Euros, and on the invoice it will be indicated in Kuna equivalent.
Tourist tax is not included in the price of accommodation and it is specially charged per person per day. Its price depends on the customer’s age and season.
The Agency reserves the right to change published prices (in case of price changes from accommodation provider or changes of exchange rate). Customers who have paid an advance for their reservation, agency guarantees the price of accommodation, indicated on invoice for advance payment. If price changes occur before the advance payment, the agency is obligated to inform the customer. Should the number of people arriving to the reserved accommodation unit exceed the number indicated when the reservation was confirmed by the agency, the accommodation provider has the right to withhold service to unannounced customers or accommodate all customers provided that additional payment for the unannounced customers is made on the spot.
All of the published prices are referring to stays longer than 3 nights. If the stay is equal or shorter than 3 nights, the price becomes 30% higher.
Prices listed on agency’s web site are arranged by contract with accommodation provides and don´t have to match the prices published in price lists in the facility where the customer resides. Any eventual difference in price cannot be subject of complaint.
4. CATEGORIZATION AND SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Accommodation units are described according to the official categorization of the authorized institution and based on the actual state of the unit at the time of publication. Standards of accommodation, food, services and other things in different places and countries may vary and they cannot be compared. The Agency is obliged only by the information published on the website www.aquarius-pakostane.com.
Every customer should get a clean and tidy accommodation unit, and to each customer will be set clean bed linen. For customers who are staying longer than one week, bed linen will be changed once a week.
Customers can start their stay in the accommodation unit after 2:00 PM on the arrival date, and on the last day of the booked period they shall leave the accommodation unit by 10:00 AM. Handover of the accommodation unit’s key is usually made at the accommodation or it can be made in agency.
5. THE AGENCY’S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
The Agency reserves the right to change reservations in circumstances which cannot be predicted, avoided or eliminated (See Article 1). The Agency also reserves the right to change, modify or cancel the reservation in case that the total number of persons (including children) intending to use the accommodation are higher than the capacity of the accommodation in question. Booked accommodation can be substituted only with previous notification to customer and with accommodation of the same or higher category, but at the price confirmed during booking. If alternative accommodation is only available in a higher category, the agency reserves the right to charge the price difference upon consulting the customer.
In cases where substitute accommodation for paid accommodation is not available, the agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation with previous customer notification at least 7 days before arrival. Agency guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount. Should an adequate substitute accommodation not be available on the day of service use, the agency will try to provide information on available accommodation that is not offered by this agency, and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount for the reservation.
6. CUSTOMER’S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
If customer wishes to change or cancel a reservation made at his request, it must be done in written form (e-mail or fax). Date when agency receives written notice of cancellation is basis for the calculation of cancelation costs. Changes consider changes to the number of customers or changes to arrival / departure dates at least 30 days before arrival. The first change of reservation, if it is possible without additional cost, will be made free of charge. For any further changes of reservation will be charged costs in amount of 15 EUR per change. In case that change of reservation is not possible, and if that is the reason why customer cancels the confirmed reservation, it will be applied below listed cancellation terms. Change of accommodation units and any change within 30 days before arrival and during the use of the accommodation unit is considered as cancellation.
In case of the cancellation of the reservation, it will be applied rules for the calculation costs (advance deposit is not refundable regardless of the date of the cancellation) in the following way:
• For cancelation up to 29 days before the arrival, agency will charge 30% of full price of rented accommodation,
• For cancelation made from 28 to 22 days before the arrival, agency will charge 40% of full price of rented accommodation,
• For cancelation made from 21 to 15 days before the arrival, agency will charge 60% of full price of rented accommodation,
• For cancelation made from 14 to 8 days before the arrival, agency will charge 80% of full price of rented accommodation,
• For cancelation made 7 to 0 days before the arrival, agency will charge 100% of full price of rented accommodation.
If the customer does not arrive at the booked accommodation unit before midnight on the arrival date, without contacting the agency, the reservation is considered as canceled and therefore the cancellation cost will be charged as described above.
7. THE OBLIGATIONS OF THE AGENCY AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
Agency’s obligation is taking care of the realization of service, choice of service providers, taking care about customers’ interests and rights according to accepted customs and practices in tourism. The service provider is obliged to make all reserved services available to the customer, and therefore is responsible to the customers for any possible unfulfilled yet reserved services or part of these services. in case of failure in providing full or part of the booked service. Agency and service provider excludes any responsibility in case of changes and failure in providing service caused by conditions beyond its control.
8. THE OBLIGATIONS OF THE CUSTOMER
Customer is required to:
• Have a valid travel documents. The costs of loss or theft of documents bears customer.
• Respect the customs and foreign exchange regulations of the Republic of Croatia, as well as other countries through which he/she passes through or resides in.
• Refer to the exchange and customs regulations and laws and other regulations of the Republic of Croatia and other countries passing through and in which they reside. In case of inability to travel due to violations of regulations by the customer, all costs will be covered by the customer.
• During reservation of programs which have specific requirements regarding the health status of participants, customer is obligated to inform the agency properly and fully about it, and provide and submit the required documents. The Agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation at any time, if it is determined that the customer kept for himself the kind of information that can cause damage to customer, agency or service provider, in which case reserved program will be entirety charged to the customer as well as all costs arising from this situation.
• To inform the agency if the group includes challenged persons and to inquire if this accommodation unit is recommendable for such a case, if in the description of the accommodation unit it is not specifically stated that the accommodation unit in question is challenged persons friendly
• If the customer intends to come with their pets, it shall notify the agency in case of inquiry, even if pets are allowed according to the description of accommodation. It is necessary to announce the sort and size of a pet, and if pets are allowed, it does not mean that they are allowed to move freely everywhere. The service provider has the right to refuse service to customers if they have unannounced pet.
• When customer arrives at destination, he should settle the balance payment if there is a balance payment left.
• Fully inform the agency about the number of persons who intend to use reserved accommodation, including children. In case it is established that information provided by the customer during the booking process was not accurate, the agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation at sight, and the customer has no right for any compensation and/or complaint. The possibility of staying with a larger number of persons depends on the goodwill of service provider, and does not exclude additional payment for extra persons. There is no rule according to which minor children can stay free and without notice in accommodation.
• Upon arrival at the accommodation unit, present to the service provider certificate that was given by the agency when final payment was made, with specification of person number, period of staying and type of services that should be provided.
• To obey house rules in accommodation units, and to cooperate with service providers in good faith.
In cases of disrespect of this obligation, the customer is liable for caused damage and must cover the expenses, and has no right for any compensation and/or complaint.
By confirming the reservation, the customer has agreed to compensate the service provider on the spot for any potential damages caused by his/her own negligence.
The Agency is not responsible for lost and damaged luggage, as well as theft of luggage or valuables in the accommodation unit. Damaged or lost luggage customer reports to the local police station.
10. TRAVEL INSURANCE
The agency’s prices do not include travel insurance when traveling, as well as for the entire stay in the accommodation unit. The Agency recommends to arrange travel insurance through customer’s domicile insurance company.
11. RESOLVING COMPLAINTS
Should the paid services not be provided, or be provided inadequately, the customer is entitled to seek reasonable compensation by filing a written complaint. Every customer is entitled to file a complaint if the paid service is not provided. Every customer – reservation holder, files a separate complaint.
∙ If the customer is not satisfied with state of the accommodation upon arrival, it should immediately notify the agency, or notify about complaint service provider immediately. Agency has a period of 8 hours, after receiving the complaint, to resolve the situation. Time from 10:00 PM to 08:00 AM is not included in this period. The customer is obliged to cooperate with the agency and service provider in good faith to resolve the problem. If the complaint is justified and the service is not satisfying, agency will do everything possible that the customer receives an acceptable solution that corresponds to booked service. The criteria for comparison of basic and alternative solution are the prices advertised on the website of the agency. Agency or service provider cannot provide the customer with less value alternative accommodation. If the customer refuses to accept the solution that is in accordance with services paid for, the agency is not required to accept any further complaints referring to this service.
∙ If the customer would leave the accommodation unit on his own initiative, and finds another accommodation, thus not making it possible for the agency to try to solve the problem, then the client looses the right for a reimbursement or for taking legal action for an atonement.
∙ The client is required to send a written complaint, along with the signed report of the service provider about the situation and any possible invoices regarding the caused damages, to the agency by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Aquarius Pakošane, Kraljice Jelene 2, 23 211 Pakoštane within 8 days after using the service. The agency assumes responsibility to make a written decision to the complaint within 14 days upon receipt of the complaint. Until the agency presents its solution, the customer refrains from mediation by any other part, or from taking the matter to court, and from informing the press.
This excludes the customer’s right to compensation of indirect damages. If the customer did not make complain for inadequate service at the site, or if a written complaint is not submitted 8 (eight) days from the last day of the service usage, the agency will not accept this complain.
∙ The maximum compensation per complaint can amount to the cost of the part of the service(s) in the complaint. reach amount of the complaint part of the service, and cannot include services already provided or the total amount of the service.
If the customer is not satisfied with the solution of his complaint, he has a right to initiate legal proceedings. In such case competent are Municipal Court in Biograd / Commercial Court in Zadar, and relevant law will be Croatian law.
13. PERSONAL DATA GATHERING AND PROTECTION STATEMENT
Customer voluntarily provides personal information. Personal information is required for process of realization of requested service. The same information will be used for further communication.
The Agency is obligated to protect the personal data of customers, to inform customers about the way of using collected data, and to give a choice about using their data, including the decision whether or not to remove their name from lists used for marketing campaigns.
All information about the customer is strictly confidential and is available only to employees of agency to whom such information are necessary to perform their job. All our employees and business partners are responsible for privacy protection of our customer´s data.
Personal Data Protection Policy in Aquarius Pakoštane
Aquarius Pakoštane (hereinafter: Aquarius) pays special attention to the protection of personal data of its clients, in accordance with best business practices and applicable Croatian and European regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EC 2016/679) – GDPR.
The information system used by Aquarius is protected in accordance with the best practices and standards, physical solutions and applications of the world’s leading manufacturers, and users are regularly trained and informed about the importance of information security and data protection.
The specific purpose and way of processing your personal information greatly depends on the type of business relationship. In our business, we are managed by the fundamental principles of personal data protection, which means that we handle the data legally, transparently and fairly, and that processing is limited only to the purpose for which the data was collected and only the data that is necessary for that purpose are processed. Your personal information is kept only as much as necessary for the processing, except in case when we are bound by certain regulations to store personal information longer, or when our legitimate interests require it (for example, to set up, enforce or protect legal requirements). Accuracy, reliability, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information are also the principles we are lead by. Access to your personal information only have the persons authorized by Aquarius and Partner (Business Process Operators).
Processing Manager and Personal Data Protection Officer
Personal Data Processing Manager is Aquarius Pakoštane, St. Kraljice Jelene 2, 23211, Pakoštane, OIB: 22938983589
The Personal Data Protection Officer at Aquarius Pakostane is Nevenka Hunjet.
The contact you can send your inqueries is:
Address: Aquarius Pakoštane, St. Kraljice Jelene 2, 23211, Pakoštane n. p. Personal Data Protection Officer
E-mail address: email@example.com
Purpose of processing and legal basis for processing personal data
Aquarius, as the manager of personal data processing, protects your privacy and processes only those personal information that are necessary and received through its business activities, whether received from you, by third parties or publicly available sources, following:
a) execution of contractual obligations – when processing is necessary for the accomplishment of the contract you are a party or for taking action on your request before the negotiation
b) to fulfill the legitimate interests – when necessary, we process personal information apart from the specific contractual relationship and to satisfy our legitimate interests.
For example, such legitimate interest may be:
• conducting judicial proceedings and keeping records of them
• detection of perpetrators of criminal offenses and the prevention of frauds
• protection of persons and property
• for our internal needs, such as auditing, data analysis and research
• answering your inquiries and comments
c) the respect of legal obligations – in view of the various business activities of Aquarius, must comply with numerous legal obligations
Which personal information are collected and how do we get them?
We primarily process those personal information that we collect during a business relationship, such as your name, family name, OIB, address, email address, etc. However, if this is necessary for the execution of our business activities and unrelated to a specific contractual or business relationship, we collect data from public sources (Court Registry, FINA) or legally communicated to us by other contractual partners or third parties.
The period in which the data will be stored
Aquarius will keep your personal information only if it is necessary to fulfill its contractual or legal obligation or legitimate interest.
Who is the recipient of your personal information?
Aquarius commits to keep your personal information and will not communicate or make it available to third parties without your special consent, except:
• service providers that we engage as process executives related to the execution of the contract in which you are a party (e.g. Account Service Konto Pakoštane)
• the competent bodies for the purpose of completing tasks from their jurisdiction (e.g. Tax Administration, MUP)
• when these information are required for the court or the relevant state attorney’s office or other bodies in equivalent legal proceedings
• when Aquarius is legally obliged to submit such data.
What are your rights related to the processing of personal data?
Depending on the legal basis of your rights processing, your rights may be:
• requesting access to personal data relating to you, apropos you have the right to be informed about the scope of the data collected, the purpose of processing, the category of personal data processed, the recipients to whom the data are delivered and the period of keeping them
• request correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data and in this case we have to act in accordance to your request without unnecessary delay
•restrict data processing, for example when you deny the accuracy of the data until we verify their accuracy
• submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, i.e. the Agency for Personal Data Protection (AZOP).
Access to personal information related to you or to require correction of your personal data
If you want to access your personal information or think that there have been irregularities in processing your personal information, please contact the Personal Data Protection Officer.